Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Some days are meant to be a comedy of errors…yet some others are meant to be “Oh God kill me please…please please please!”…yet some others are “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAaa……..” days!

I recently had an “AAAAAAAAAAAAAAA……” day…believe me!

So I woke up as usual…happy that I booked my cab the previous evening…breakfast good…maid on time…cabbie calls at 8:25 to confirm he has arrived and is waiting on the main road….yippeeJ
Happily fed n thankfully free of a cold, happy me walketh the walk to the main road…humming the “singh is king singh is king singh is king…toietoietoie (my rendition of the instrumental bit)” I progress to the point opp the ATM where my cabbie awaits…BOINNNNNNNNNG! No cab….now where the hell did he vanish…so I called him n he says “madam I am opposite the ATM madam”…fearing that my eyesight had finally broken all connection with my mental faculties (whatever teeny bit I have left….before my frns out thr can comment on that…) I looked all around…auto guy…mom dragging kid to school…nope…no cab. So I called again…tring tring tring…..no reply…call…tring tring tring…whatever happened to this guy?

As I was on my first “moooooommmmmmmy”...voila…he picked up! “1 min madam…I am coming”….ok…so the 1 min ticked from 8:34 to 8:45….my laptop’s getting heavier…I call again…”2 min madam”…and so the story continues…till 8:55…”where are you? Tell me the truth or I call ur cab company!” “madam actually…thoda confusion ho gaya...ek aur passenger liya humne”….lots of $@^$#&^%*%* later, I stooped levels and approached my best friend Mr. Auto-driverL ya I knw…me guilty as hell after having pledged off this mode of transportation….”madam pls come back madam….pls madam” says cabbie…but me ploughs on anyway…me reached a good half hour late to the client’s office n saw the bright rays as the day progressed…

3:00 PM…time to book evening’s cab…cab company 1: “Sorry madam…cabs on strike…we have no cabs”….cab company 2: “Sorry madam…no cabs…strike today”….cab company 3,4,5…”mommmmmmmmmyyyyyyy”….voila…company cab will pick us up at 6:00 PMJ “wah kya dimag paya maine…kya idea tha!”

6:00 PM…we sit in the cab n eeeeeeeeeeeshhhhhhhhhhh! What is that smell? We ask the cabbie n he starts rambling away on his phone in a language I cannot fathom! “8532756gwbanmbbfu98732y985y “smell” %$#@!&%(~^(& “battery”E$*@!^#$%*%^^&$$E%!$#@”….ok…so I gather something’s wrong with his battery…but its ok…the car is running…wheeeeeeeeee…….splutter splutter splutter…”madam cab wont start”…”mommmmmmmmmmmyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy”…so we ploughed on ahead on foot…the rain gods didn’t help…BBMP n the pathetic state of the footpaths (really?!) definitely didn’t help…slush…water…laptop…rain…cell phone…umbrella…pyjama getting dragged on the road…no auto stopped…if there were a transportation god, I’d say he was taking a break…why me? A/c Volvo to rescue…I get in to go home after a 500 m trek in “slushvilla”...n its home sweet home after 45 more painful n excruciating minutes…

Anyway, the result of the mayhem was a chemical reaction (wet hair + air conditioning = cold n cough)…or is that physics? I don’t knw!!!!

0 comments: